Tuesday 17 May 2016

Reflection

The primary difficulty of this shape was its the surface of those holes are very close to each other. Unlike my previous shape which was most work on the edge of the sheet,  the major character of this skin is the holes in the center of the sheet which made me feel totally lost when I look at it. 


It was also extremely difficult to get the depth of those holes perfectly match the template, there is no very sharp-head Bossing Mallet in the workshop, so instead of finding a sharp 'hammer', I used other tools like the tapered T-Dolly which has a sharp end as a support, and this need a little bit reverse thinking because we are not allowed to use the tapered T-Dolly as a hammer. 


Overall this skin provided a totally different experience from my previous object and a greater understanding in the methods of metal shaping and how to use and combine the tools in the workshop. Although this is a individual assignment, classmates and staff are all very friendly and helpful, I am very enjoying the metal shaping in the workshop!





No comments:

Post a Comment