Tuesday 31 May 2016

Critical Reflection

 Critical Reflection

During the whole semester working in the lab, basically, I am satisfied with my chosen object relating to architecture and my interdisciplinary skin which also related to my subject. Those two projects are tough but the process is enjoyable, especially for the second project which not only increased my metal shaping skill but also encouraged me to make more friends. I think at the early stage we all meet the same problem on metal shaping and at the end we all solved it  very well and enjoy this special experience together. This course shows the importance of the communication for each project, everybody improved through the conversation and learn something from others. This course also provides a new method in designing objects and spaces, it is a new way of designing, different, cheaper and faster for future designers and builders.

One of my favorite SANNA's work in Switzerland called Rolex Learning Center applied the same idea we did through the course which is using digital making to build the template first then pour the concrete on top of the template. This is a very good case study to look at.





As an architectural student, normally, we just draw the plans and sections on the paper, only have few chance to build a building in the future or maybe through the whole life, so it is great to learn different things especially the things that we can actually feel it and made it by our hand. Looking back at this course now, I am really glad I chose to study it, although it is called Digital Making, we spend most of the time on 'Hand Making' and I have learnt a range of skills in working with aluminium which is a totally new and strange material for me. This particular experience will definitely help me a lot in the future career life.

Thanks for everyone's help through the whole semester 






No comments:

Post a Comment